searchable list archives?

Chuck Swiger chuck at codefab.com
Thu Jul 12 18:38:52 UTC 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Luis Villa wrote:
> Two things jump out offhand:
> * I know mailman isn't a huge usability improvement over ezmlm, but it
> is a big enough improvement that I'd strongly suggest using it.

I would certainly second this recommendation.

We'd discussed this before in part because there was a period where
list subscription requests were being forged and causing posters to
receive strange bounces from Amazon.com or elsewhere (around Jan 24,
2007).  And, of course, Mailman has good list archive handling which
improves searching & so forth....

> * site searches of opensource.org should return results from the
> mailing lists; that probably means moving them off crynwyr and onto
> opensource.org.

Agreed.  That's really up to Russ Nelson, though....

--
-Chuck

Begin forwarded message: