SocialText license discussion--call for closure of arguments

Ross Mayfield ross.mayfield at socialtext.com
Tue Jan 23 04:33:49 UTC 2007

I'll edit the page to further clarify (it is a wiki, so it shouldn't
be a problem).  Thanks.

Ross

On 1/22/07, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Ross Mayfield (ross.mayfield at socialtext.com):
>
> > To clarify,
>
> Ross, I appreciate your intent to clarify.  However, are you going to fix
> what your Web page says?  To reiterate, what it says is simply
> factually incorrect -- on a matter of central importance here, i.e., it
> claims you've submitted to OSI licensing text that you clearly have not.
>
> You could have said "Yes, we'll fix that."  You could have said "No,
> we'll not be changing that page."  Or you could have just quietly fixed
> it but not commented here.  I'm a bit mystified that you did none of
> those three, as your response appears to use quite a few nice-sounding
> phrases that circumnavigate what I said without addressing it.
>
> --
> "Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
> make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window
> and scream out it with operatic force, volume, and decorum, and then return to
> the vexed glowing letters calmer of mind and soul?" -- The Cube, forum3000.org

Ross Mayfield
CEO
Socialtext, Inc.
ross.mayfield at socialtext.com
aim:rossdmayfield
skype:rossmayfield
t. +1-650-323-0800
f. +1-650-323-0801
company: http://www.socialtext.com
weblog: http://ross.typepad.com
many-to-many: http://www.corante.com/many
this email is: [ ] bloggable [ x ] ask first [ ] private