SocialText license discussion--call for closure of arguments

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 23 03:46:07 UTC 2007

Quoting Ross Mayfield (ross.mayfield at socialtext.com):

> To clarify,

Ross, I appreciate your intent to clarify.  However, are you going to fix
what your Web page says?  To reiterate, what it says is simply
factually incorrect -- on a matter of central importance here, i.e., it
claims you've submitted to OSI licensing text that you clearly have not.

You could have said "Yes, we'll fix that."  You could have said "No,
we'll not be changing that page."  Or you could have just quietly fixed
it but not commented here.  I'm a bit mystified that you did none of
those three, as your response appears to use quite a few nice-sounding
phrases that circumnavigate what I said without addressing it.

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window