[Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Mon Jan 22 18:48:59 UTC 2007

> (Why do people care about this so much?  We all agree that under OSD
> #10 this is a slam dunk.  Why worry about a far weaker OSD #6
> argument?)

For my own purpose it is to:

 * create a consensus on the most credible arguments: which means
fleshing out what is TOO weak or too contentious for exclusion.
 * present the most credible arguments including the stronger weak
arguments and in some cases present why they are "limited" or "tenuous"
but why they think they are worth the board considering.
 * describe the negative effects on open source if these arguments are
dismissed.

Procedurally finding one good argument and then saying "bullseye"
doesn't present a full enough picture and might result in multiple
rounds where one might do.

-Andy

--
No PST Files Ever Again