Strange Messages from Amazon.com

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 00:30:36 UTC 2007

On 1/19/07, David RR Webber (XML) <david at drrw.info> wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> I've seen this before on other lists.
>
>  What is happening is that some spammer sends an email with a return address
> here - and it ends up hitting one of Amazons servers - so that server
> bounces it.
>
> I suspect that is the cause.

I strongly doubt that this is the case.  All of the emails that I've
received of this form from this list have the message that was emailed
included in the body - and it is always an email that I personally
wrote.

I've also looked through the message that I was sent and it seems
legitimately from the source it claims.  For instance all URLs point
where they say they do, etc.

However it only happens sporadically.  Most of the email that I send
to the list does not get bounced.  Only a few did.

Cheers,
Ben