SocialText license discussion--call for closure of arguments

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Sat Jan 20 00:23:47 UTC 2007

> I don't understand why the Board feels this is necessary.  This is a
> discussion list, and I think people's arguments have naturally developed
> that way.  This level of formality has never been requested before (to
> my knowledge), and seems a bit like instruction creep.  I certainly
> oppose the idea of creating separate lists and IRC channels.

The separate list and channels was just an idea (like working groups).
I DO think having a few real-time discussions would be good.  No
matter.  I think they're trying to get US to organize the two positions
rather than just hashing it out and then leaving it to them to find
everything and sort through a few megs of data.  Otherwise its just a
lot of back and forth on a mail list and then no formal data on how it
did or did not influence the process.  Are you willing to help put
together an organized set of arguments collaboratively with others?

-Andy

--
No PST Files Ever Again
Buni Meldware Communication Suite