Uses of the Artistic License?

Bob Jacobsen rgj1927 at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 17 00:59:09 UTC 2007

Can anybody please point me to users of the Artistic License?

I'm a party to a Federal lawsuit involving copyright of open-source
code that's released under the Artistic License.  For more
information about that, please see
<http://jmri.sourceforge.net/k/index.html>.  The defendants have
argued that our use of the Artistic License does not provide
protection under copyright law, but only much more limited protection
under contract law. Should they win this, it would be an unfortunate
precedent.

One of the things we have to file with the Court is a disclosure of
"interested entities".  The outcome of this case may be of interest
to any project using the Artistic License, and perhaps more generally
to users of other licenses.  We should therefore list any projects
using the Artistic License that we can reasonably find.  I know about
Perl, and have included that.  (It would also be helpful to point at
any published information on Perl usage; I'd appreciate a pointer to
anything like that you might know about) Are there any other large
and/or well-known projects?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
--
Bob Jacobsen +1-510-486-7355 fax +1-510-643-8497 AIM, Skype JacobsenRG