Use of "open source"

Rod Dixon roddixon at cyberspaces.org
Wed Jan 3 23:01:22 UTC 2007

Interestingly enough, yesterday, the United States PTO issued a
Notice of Allowance for: "OPEN SOURCE INITIATIVE APPROVED LICENSE"
and the accompanying service mark graphic, which will signal the
"Promotion of computer software which is distributed under agreements
meeting certain requirements for distribution and redistribution of
the software"  OSI's lawyers filed the service mark application.
The logo graphic is not the current certification logo.

Rod Dixon