license categories, was: I'm not supposed to use the ECL v2?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Dec 3 02:22:42 UTC 2007

Lawrence Rosen scripsit:

> I don't believe that. If my choice is between License A and License B, I
> can't pick and choose some combination of provisions from A and B to create
> my own preferred set of terms. I get either A or B, but not both.

Well, in that case how is it possible, given a work issued under the GPLv2
or later, to issue a derivative work which is still under GPLv2 or later?
Clearly the derivator is not making a choice here.

--
You're a brave man! Go and break through the            John Cowan
lines, and remember while you're out there              cowan at ccil.org
risking life and limb through shot and shell,           http://ccil.org/~cowan
we'll be in here thinking what a sucker you are!
        --Rufus T. Firefly