(OT) - Major Blow to Copyleft Theory

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:50:50 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Alexander Terekhov <alexander.terekhov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/29/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> > > Yeah, Wallace v. FSF was real fun.
> >
> > Sure, if you like pointless diversions.
>
> It wasn't entirely pointless. Judge Tinder went on record with this:

Yes it was pointless.

The Judge ruled that the plaintiff had articulated a legal complaint
properly but didn't have standing to try it.  There are no real discussions
of the merits of the case.  Just the fact that the person had an argument
that a law had been broken sufficient to let a case go further.  IANAL, but
even I can see this.  You can articulate a case which has no merits after
all....

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers