For Approval: Microsoft Community License

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue Aug 21 19:40:23 UTC 2007

Nils Labugt wrote:
> 3(a) appears to affect other code that is statically (but not
> dynamically) linked in, so I don't think that the term "weak copyleft"
> should apply to this license.

Well, if you distribute in source code form, you can keep your code in
separate files under separate licenses and still statically link.  You
can even make it trivial for the user to compile, but can't actually
distribute linked binaries.  Personally, I do think this situation is a
bit absurd.

Matt Flaschen