what *is* the approval process?

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sat Aug 4 14:25:43 UTC 2007

On 8/3/07, Alexander Terekhov <alexander.terekhov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/07, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> > Quoting Dalibor Topic (robilad at kaffe.org):
> >
> > > In light or Mr. Terekhov turning this list into gnu.misc.discuss [1] over the
> > > past couple of days, and flooding it the way he did with debian-legal, when he
> > > did his performance act there a little while ago, I'd be interested to know:
> > >
> > >  what it would take to try one more time, with a vengeance?
> >
> > Just as a brief reminder:  Killfiles work, too.
>
> To those offended and with little killfiling skills: relax, I'm mostly
> finished now.

I'm not offended, I'm bored and my time is wasted (as is everyone else's).

And yes, I'm well aware I have a killfile, but people who know about
that level of filtering are in the minority. If all you want to have
on the list is old-skool unix hackers, then 'you have a killfile' is a
perfectly good response; if OSI wants this list to have a broader and
more representative composition, then OSI needs to find other
solutions to the noise problem.

Luis