Radical Suggestion WAS: License Proliferation Dissatisfaction

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Mon Apr 23 05:00:49 UTC 2007

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> The idea is to formally close the door until there is a
> compelling enough reason (presumably legal event) to reopen it

The problem is, that's not how the law works as far as I can tell.
Trends are more common than single decisive events.  When you choose to
deal with the trend is a matter of opinion.  Anyway, I'm not sure I see
a problem with how things are being done now.  There may be a drain on
the board's time, but licenses aren't getting approved willy-nilly.

Matthew Flaschen