restrictions on web service linking?

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Thu Nov 23 12:11:29 UTC 2006

Uncle!

This is my resignation (at least for the foreseeable future) on this
particular topic.  I would like to thank you all for your comments and
help.  It is very much appreciated.  I'm still not sure what licensing
course I will take for my software, but the consultation here was
certainly interesting and helpful.

I hope that the OSI takes up this topic sometime in the near future. I
think some way to arrange a copyleft across dependent networked services
would be an important contribution to our field and would encourage the
publication of more specialized web-applications that might otherwise
remain proprietary.

Best,

Clark