For Approval: TrueCrypt Collective License Version 2.0

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Nov 6 23:05:10 UTC 2006

Thomas Novak wrote:
> Your Product (and any associated materials, e.g., the documentation,
> the content of the official web site of Your Product, etc.) must not
> present any Internet address containing the domain name truecrypt.org
> (or any domain name that forwards to the domain name truecrypt.org) in
> a manner that suggests that it is where information about Your Product
> may be obtained or where bugs found in Your Product may be reported or
> where support for Your Product may be available or otherwise attempt to
> indicate that the domain name truecrypt.org is associated with Your
> Product.

Wouldn't such things be an unfair business practice or perhaps trademark
infringement subject to legal remedy even if this provision weren't
expressly stated in your license? Is such a provision needed?

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
Stanford University, Lecturer in Law
3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
707-485-1242  *  fax: 707-485-1243
Author of "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and
                Intellectual Property Law" (Prentice Hall 2004)