[FWD: RE: [Ebxmlrr-tech] License issue with our customer]

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed May 3 18:54:58 UTC 2006

Wendy Seltzer writes:
 > The work will be deemed "for hire" only if made by an employee in the
 > scope of employment (not an independent contractor) or if the
 > work-for-hire relationship is spelled out in a contract or the payor
 > directed the effort, with precise instructions and oversight.

Which it doesn't sound like is the case for Ladislav, however it all
depends on the details of the agreement.  I wouldn't look at this as
any kind of disaster, but simply a cost of doing business.

Ladislav, hire yourself a lawyer who can do business in New York
State, and let him do his job.  Sounds more like a business contract
problem than an open source license problem.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | A computer without Python is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | like a CPU without memory: