[Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Dec 14 03:12:25 UTC 2006

David Dillard scripsit:
> Suppose you want to combine two sets of code where the attribution
> clauses in the licenses state (as in the Terracotta license) that you
> must put the text at the very bottom and in the center.  You can't meet
> the terms of both licenses.  Thus, you cannot combine the two sets of
> code.  Seems silly to let attribution requirements prevent such a
> combination.

There are dozens of reasons for incompatibilities between various
OSI-certified licenses.

John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan at ccil.org
'Tis the Linux rebellion / Let coders take their place,
The Linux-nationale / Shall Microsoft outpace,
We can write better programs / Our CPUs won't stall,
So raise the penguin banner of / The Linux-nationale.  --Greg Baker