[Fwd: [gnu.org #285277] Open Source Initiative Certification for GPL 3.0]

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Apr 25 05:09:26 UTC 2006

Matthew Seth Flaschen writes:
 > If OSI wishes to become relevant, it will stop certifying licenses
 > simply because someone makes a request, and start seriously working to
 > stop license proliferation.

Obviously David missed my talk in Croatia at DORS/CLUB 2006 last week
explaining why there are so many open source licenses.

Yeah, the OSI is irrelevant because too many people are asking it to
certify licenses.

Just like nobody goes to that restaurant anymore because it's too
crowded.   http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/1311

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | A computer without Python is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | like a CPU without memory: