BitTorrent

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Apr 21 17:45:05 UTC 2006

> Guess wikipedia is wrong.

Shock and dismay! :-) Should it be fixed by the creators of BitTorrent? By
some anonymous expert changing Wikipedia in some way? Or by OSI?

Who has the most incentive to make sure that the term "Open Source" has
consistent meaning in Wikipedia? And that licenses that claim to be open
source actually are? At least we have OSI and license-discuss colleagues to
help us out.

I have similar concerns about the definition of "Open Standards" in
Wikipedia but there isn't an appropriate organization yet for that topic
that's worrying about setting it right.

/Larry