For Approfal: OSL 3.0 and AFL 3.0

Chuck Swiger chuck at codefab.com
Wed Sep 14 11:57:49 UTC 2005

Russell Nelson wrote:
> Chuck Swiger writes:
>> Mandating a clear, standard Subject line when people submit a
>> license for consideration is quite reasonable.  Deciding that the
>> Subject header of "Submitted for Approval: " is too different from
>> "For Approval: " for the license proposal to receive consideration
>> without being reposted is taking the bureaucratic mindset past the
>> bounds of common sense.
>
> Are you offering to write the license approval committee report?

OK.  Are you offering to resign from that position with the OSI board?

> If you're not, then don't suggest that I should have to work harder to
> write it.

I never said or suggested that you should have to work harder.

I'm willing to make whatever suggestions I think are best for myself and for
the larger community of people using or writing open source software.  At the
moment, I would suggest that going out of your way to argue with people is not
a desirable characteristic, nor does it facilitate the purposes of the OSI.

--
-Chuck