OVPL Next Steps

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Mon Sep 12 08:57:38 UTC 2005

David,

--On 11 September 2005 16:39 -0700 David Barrett <dbarrett at quinthar.com>
wrote:

> If the OVPL is approved verbatim as Russell recommends (assuming CDDL
> remains unchanged), what else (if anything) remains to be done before you
> label it 1.0 and ready for use?
>
> (Granted, it can be used at any time, but I'm eager to get the final
> thing.)

Nothing remains to be done from our point of view, except the insertion of
the number "1.0" and the name of the legal entity which is the license
custodian (they can be formed off-the-shelf in the UK in less than 24
hours).

Clearly if approved, the OSI will want to put the text on their web site
etc.

Alex