Pre-existing purpose and value vs Adminstrative rules

Brian Behlendorf brian at collab.net
Fri Sep 9 22:22:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Rick Moen wrote:
> The hyperlink is http://www.crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/3/9564, which I
> have now also listed, for ready reference, as item "OSI Administrative
> Criteria" in my linuxmafia.com knowledgebase's Licensing_and_Law
> category.  http://linuxmafia.com/kb/
>
> I'm sure Steve Mallett will find a suitable place for the text on OSI's
> Web site in good time, but I'm glad to assist, for now.  (It took me a
> few minutes to re-find Russ's post, so I can save others the effort, at
> least.)

Hmm - can you find the one that says "the OSI board has adopted these"?
I can't, inside of another few minutes of looking.  Here they are
"proposed", and I for one thought it was still a matter under discussion
and not without controversy.  Clearly it was adopted by the board or
Russ's and Eric's recollections wouldn't be so firm.

 	Brian