Pre-existing purpose and value vs Adminstrative rules

Chris F Clark cfc at theworld.com
Fri Sep 9 20:54:26 UTC 2005

I was here for the "3 new rules" designed to minimize license
proliferation. However, I think the OVPL does provide a unique
contribution to the open source world, which is the mandatory
license-back to the initial developer of derived works.  As such, I
believe it should be an approved license, as it is not duplicative,
and in my belief is consistent with all "13" of the rules.

I think it is unforunsate that the CDDL stewards have not incorporated
the OVPL "improvements" into their license.  However, it is for the
mandatory license-back feature that I wish to see the license
approved.

-Chris Clark