Educational Community License question

Jules hammerjammer at hammerjammer.net
Mon Oct 31 04:24:02 UTC 2005

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply!
I interpreted that line to mean only to what was printed immediately
following, without any modification allowed.
I thought the OSI intended to have the whole thing as listed in the
webpage in as verbatim and any change would have rendered the license
invalid and thus not capable of applying the OSI License Mark/Graphic
on the documentation.  Looks like my assumption was incorrect. :)

So, I guess i can insert my customized notices between these two
lines:
"Copyright (c) <year> <copyright holders>"
and
"Licensed under the Educational Community License version 1.0"
and not be in contravention to the OSI license, yes?

Can anyone from the Board or Management of the Open Source Initiative
confirm this is indeed ok by the OSI?

Thanks loads!!

Julian