For Approval: Open-Realty License

Ryan Bonham ryan at transparent-tech.com
Tue May 24 22:56:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would like to submit our open source projects license for approval.
The Open-Realty license is similar to the new BSD license. It
additionally requires that web pages built using our open source project
leave the following html comment "<!--Open-Realty is distributed by
Transparent Technologies and is Licensed under the Open-Realty License.
See http://www.open-realty.org/oslicense.html for more information.-->".
Our software can be used in conjunction with other open source products,
as long as the html comment mentioned previously is present on all pages
that use our projects source code.

----------- Start Open-Relaty License -------------

Copyright (c) 2003-2005
Transparent Technologies. All rights reserved.

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of the Transparent Technologies nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission.
4. All websites using Open-Realty must leave the html comment that reads
“<!--Open-Realty is distributed by Transparent Technologies and is
licensed under the Open-Realty License. See
http://www.open-realty.org/oslicense.html for more information.-->” intact.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY TRANSPARENT TECHNOLOGIES AND ITS
CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL
TRANSPARENT TECHNOLOGIES OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

----------- End Open-Relaty License -------------

--
Ryan Bonham