An explanation of the difficulty of solving licenseproliferation in one sentence

Peters, Robin L (Stormy, OSPO) stormy.peters at hp.com
Wed Mar 30 22:38:15 UTC 2005

Martin Fink isn't advocating fewer licenses to save himself work (he
delegates that work to me :) - he's advocating fewer licenses to make
open source software more "adoptable" and pervasive.  HP has the
knowledge and resources to evaluate all the open source licenses and how
they do (or don't) work together.  Not all companies and individuals
have that knowledge or resource.  We would like to make it easier for
everyone to use open source software and making the licensing scheme
simpler is one way to achieve that.

Stormy