Three new proposed OSD terms

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Mon Mar 7 19:24:10 UTC 2005

Steve Quinn wrote:

>>Russell Nelson wrote:
>>Don't go shopping for shampoo, toothpaste, or antiperspirant, then.
>

> At least if I am shopping for shampoo, toothpaste, etc. I can quickly review the products and identify those that I believe will fulfill my purpose. If I am shopping for a Shampoo/Conditioner combination, I can tell which ones meet that criteria.  The same if I want toothpaste with Fluoride.  This is not true when shopping for an open systems license.

That's a fair point.  Would the following format
be well-accepted?

Allergy Information for the GPL v2:
WARNING: Do not use this license if you are allergic
to any of the ingredients, which include:

librock_DERIV_DIFFLIC_0, librock_SRCNOTE_1 (1 etc.),
librock_RUNNOTE_1C (2c), librock_DM_MODNOTE (2a),
librock_DOCNOTE_1 (1 etc.), librock_R_1C_WITHBIN (3, etc.),
librock_DM_1C_WITHBIN (3, etc.).

May contain traces of other license terms.  Visit
http://mibsoftware.com/librock/lidesc/stamp.htm
for detailed allergy explanations.

Allergy Information for the Modified BSD license:
WARNING: Do not use this license if you are allergic to
any of the ingredients, which include:

librock_SRCNOTE_1 (1), librock_DOCNOTE_1C_WITHBIN (2)