Release comercial application's sources as GPL but with restriction in usage

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Tue Feb 15 22:43:39 UTC 2005

David Ryan scripsit:

> Its because no other licenses have this clause that I am creating a
> license which has this effect.  The QTPL is quite thin in many other
> areas which is why it can't really be used.  I think this clause creates
> a good ground for business developers to release high quality code well
> maintained source into the open source community.

I've gotten permission to reuse the text of the QPL, provided all references
to the QPL and Trolltech are excised.

--
"Mos Eisley spaceport.  You will never          John Cowan
see a more wretched hive of scum and            jcowan at reutershealth.com
villainy -- unless you watch the                http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Jerry Springer Show."  --georgettesworld.com    http://www.reutershealth.com