OVPL & "Otherwise Make Available" (was RE: Change ot topic, back to OVPL)

Forrest J. Cavalier III forrest at mibsoftware.com
Fri Aug 26 12:32:32 UTC 2005

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. wrote:

> [...]

Giving the initial developer an excuse for legal injunctions and fishing
expedition lawsuits seems like a bad idea to me.  ("Your honor, here is
the download record showing that X downloaded our best-in-the-world
spam filter licensed under the OVPL.  We have reason to believe X is
using and distributing this software.  Here is evidence that employee J
of X is filtering spam on his home machine.  We want X to certify that
J is not using a modified version of our software.  They didn't respond
to our written demands.")