A prototype License Wizard up and running

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Apr 11 00:01:40 UTC 2005

Bruce Perens writes:
 > And yes, I really can map 3 licenses to anything a business would want
 > to do.

Well, that's an interesting assertion.  I will presume it to be false
until I see you assign each and every approved license into
EnforcedSharing, Gift, and ShareGiftMix categories.  Where would you
put the NASA Open Source License (public domain for US citizens;
copyright asserted only for non-US citizens)?  The Real Public Source
License (if you redistribute, you grant a Gift license back to
Author)?  The Apple Public Source License (if you deploy, you must
publish)?

These licenses have significant terms which I do not see how you could
put into one of three licenses.  But feel free to educate me.  I CAN
be taught.

--
--My blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | The laws of physics cannot
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | be legislated.  Neither can