compatibility and the OSD

Bob Scheifler Bob.Scheifler at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 22 23:25:35 UTC 2004

> Is this really worth spending time on?  Or can we just all agree that
> it's an obnoxious, non-starter licence and move on?

Moving on is fine. (I'm not interested in whether the license is
obnoxious, the license I sketched is obnoxious to most. I'm interested
in understanding how what seem to me to be contradictions get explained
away.)

Moving on, I'm interested in comments on John Cowan's remark
about patents, and whether any patent obligations in existing
licenses constitute meaningful restrictions on distribution,
or how that is covered under the OSD.

- Bob