compatibility and the OSD

Bob Scheifler Bob.Scheifler at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 22 22:04:16 UTC 2004

> Oops, I have to make sure that I preserve some sort of
> attribution notice.I have to be a little creative, but I find some way
> to satisfy that requirement and still release my derivative work.

The AAL requirement isn't just to include a notice in the distribution;
the program must display it when run. That seems to me to effectively
preclude distribution of binary derivative works that are intended for
use in embedded systems where "there is no there there" to display such
an attribution.

- Bob