compatibility and the OSD

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 22 19:58:02 UTC 2004

Quoting Bob Scheifler (Bob.Scheifler at Sun.COM):

> Agreed, not suprised, though possibly disappointed. It's unfortunate
> if the only intentional path to enlightenment is via the subterfuge
> of submitting a license for approval.

Which is one reason many regulars long ago became wary of wasting time
on apparently purposeless YAPL submissions, let alone theoretical
questions.  (Others of course probably live for those.)

I'm not sure where such things fit into Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs for
most people, but, for me, I think it's somewhere far from the pyramid,
in a disused shed.  ;->

--
Cheers,                                      "My file system's got no nodes!"
Rick Moen                                    "How does it shell?"
rick at linuxmafia.com