compatibility and the OSD

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 22 19:32:06 UTC 2004

Quoting Bob Scheifler (Bob.Scheifler at Sun.COM):

[Attribution Assurance License quotation]

> It seems to me the door is open to placing restrictions on distribution
> of derivative works.

I wouldn't call that a meaningful restriction:  Attribution is a
(disclaimable) right automatically available to all copyright holders.
Calling it a "restriction on distribution" strikes me as abusing the
latter concept.

--
Cheers,        "A raccoon tangled with a 23,000 volt line, today.  The results
Rick Moen       blacked out 1400 homes and, of course, one raccoon."