compatibility and the OSD

Bob Scheifler Bob.Scheifler at Sun.COM
Mon Sep 20 15:11:38 UTC 2004

> Provided both licenses pass the OSD, this is entirely acceptable.

There may be confusion here. I'm not constraining what the other
license is; you are free to use whatever license you want. Whether
you, for a specific executable derivative work, choose to license
it under an open source license or not, should not affect whether
the license I sketched is itself an open source license?

> Of course, if you really are coming up with some license that
> does not meet the OSD in the event that the user does not pass the
> test suite, then that is no more acceptable than Sun's Java license.

The sketch I provided *is* the hypothetical license (informally stated).
The question is, if and how does it conflict with the OSD?

- Bob