For Approval: TURKIX PUBLIC LICENSE

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Oct 27 01:18:42 UTC 2004

Arnoud Engelfriet scripsit:

> I have written some software. It is licensed under GPL. I will
> only give it to you if you pay me 1,000 euro. That's allowed.
> Of course you may then give it freely to others, so at most
> one person will pay me.

In fact, Richard Stallman found that quite a few people would pay
him for tapes of GNU software that was freely available otherwise,
and the FSF will still sell you CDs of free software for anything
from $45 for basic source up to $5000 for everything compiled for
your platform plus printed manuals (they're libre, too).
The market isn't so frictionless as this argument assumes.

--
Only do what only you can do.               John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
  --Edsger W. Dijkstra's advice             http://www.reutershealth.com