looking for a license

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Sat Oct 23 16:04:50 UTC 2004

mkr scripsit:

> Furthermore, I have a question about § 2 (c) of the GPL: Is this
> paragraph also valid for HTML-Outputs of (for example) a
> PHP-Script-Suite? Means: Am I able to require a licensee to print "This
> webpage was setup with PHPSuperScript" at the bottom of each page?

Not unless the output of the program is itself part of the program.
See GPL clause 0.

--
They do not preach                              John Cowan
  that their God will rouse them                jcowan at reutershealth.com
    A little before the nuts work loose.        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
They do not teach                               http://www.reutershealth.com
  that His Pity allows them                         --Rudyard Kipling,
    to drop their job when they damn-well choose.   "The Sons of Martha"