Lisp Lesser GNU Public License (LLGPL)

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Oct 12 02:38:04 UTC 2004

Olivier Drolet writes:
 > I've noticed the following license is different from the list of
 > OSI certified licenses on your Web site:
 >
 > http://opensource.franz.com/     (see "License Terms")
 >
 > In a nut-shell, the LLGPL consists of a Lisp-specific preamble +
 > LGPL. See http://opensource.franz.com/preamble.html

You are quite correct.  The question is how best to repair the
situation.  Should we ask the Franz folks to stop calling it "Open
Source" unless they get the LLGPL approved?  Or should we ask them to
submit their license for approval?  Or should we ask them to modify
the preamble so that it does not override the LGPL terms?  Or is it
something that is of so little consequence that we should ignore it?

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes