STWL: please comment

Bernhard Fastenrath bfastenrath at mac.com
Fri Nov 12 09:09:25 UTC 2004

Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-11 at 01:12 +0100, Bernhard Fastenrath wrote:
>
>>I think it's unfair of you to react on thoughts I have not expressed
>>and also you should read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule
>>and decide for yourself if that is a valid argumentation for you.
>>
> I believe it was actually a /reductio ad absurdum
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum>/, since he gave some
> logical extensions to your ideas about software patents into other parts
> of life.

Yes, I visited that page earlier in an entirely different context.
It was related to something mentioned in Brussels, when I was at
the conference about software patents.

Reductio ad absurdum is the wrong term here, even if his extensions
to my idea had been convincing, which they were not.

Do you really think adding a paragraph 6: "The user of this software
agrees to live on a vegan diet as defined by peta.org" would stress
my luck?

--
www.citizens-initiative.org <http://www.citizens-initiative.org/>