For Approval: Open Project Public License (OPPL)

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Mar 17 00:36:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Larry Masters wrote:

> Do you think section 5 covers this?
>
> 5. You may use the original or modified versions of the Software to
> link, run, or interact in anyway with application programs or
> components legally developed by you or by others.

The hypothetical editor in question has nothing to do with Software.
It does not use Software. Its author is unaware of the Software.
However, Item 1 quoted below is so broad that, it seems to me,
distributing said text editor would "signify acceptance of this
license" because the editor may interact with Software in some
environments. For example, a user may use the editor to edit Software.

Would distributing the editor signify acceptance of the license?

Alex.