Revisions to NASA Open Source Agreement (NOSA)

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Mar 13 05:48:22 UTC 2004

Bryan Geurts writes:
 > Attached is a revised version of NOSA, which implements the following changes:

This looks excellent!  For easier reading, could you render it in text
form rather than RTF form, and send a copy to license-discuss?
They're volunteers and I don't want any barriers in the way of their
commentary.

 > - Paragraph 4.B. is amended to make it clear that indemnification is
 > extended not only to the government, but to all prior recipients as well.

You also made it clear that You are indemnifying the government and
all prior recipients against claims brought against damage caused by
YOUR OWN ACTIONS.  If you shoot yourself in the foot using
NOSA-licensed software, you must sue yourself instead of the
government or any other user.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | I'm giving a short
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | talk at WTF, Isen's