Effect of the MySQL FLOSS License Exception?

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rdixon at cyberspaces.org
Fri Jun 18 23:48:00 UTC 2004

Unfortunately, you started off wrong and ended with a questionable
observation. First, it is not well settled that a binary is a derivative of
source; that is akin to saying a copy is a derivative of the original.  In
a metaphysical sense, we can debate the point, but there is no debate in
the copyright sense.

As for Eben, his point is framed far out of context.

- Rod

---------
Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
www.cyberspaces.org

This email never should be construed as legal advice.

http://www.reutershealth.com