KDE violates IBM patent

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Fri Jun 11 14:44:03 UTC 2004

> It seems to me that should be enough prior art to kill this patent.

Clearly there is. But is this fact sufficient to protect someone
(re)deploying the mechanism? Or must the patent be revoked in some way
prior to that? I mean, suppose I deploy the mechanism and IBM puts me in
court. Can the court dismiss the case given proofs that the patent lacks
innovation? (And is the patent revoked then?) Or are they bound to the
patent title? Thanks. Not at all pressing.