Dual licensing

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Jun 6 19:16:44 UTC 2004

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. scripsit:

> Open source software refers to a development model as well as a software
> licensing legal regime.

Maybe in the press it does, but on the ground it does not.  Only a small
fraction of the projects on Sourceforge or announced at Freshmeat are
developed in bazaar fashion.  (Note that in TCATB, Eric uses "cathedral"
to refer to a certain kind of open source software, not to closed source
software.)

The small one-person efforts may be more huts than cathedrals, but that
does not mean they are developed by an unconventional development model.

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand