apache license 2.0 for consideration

Roy T. Fielding fielding at apache.org
Fri Feb 20 22:29:54 UTC 2004

> Are you saying that your license allows GPL-forking?

No, I am saying that the Apache License says:

     You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and
     may provide additional or different license terms and conditions
     for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or
     for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use,
     reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with
     the conditions stated in this License.

Note that our license applies to the Work, not the copyright on the
derivative work, and thus any GPL code combined with Apache License
code will remain under the GPL.

....Roy