License Committee report

James William Pye flaw at rhid.com
Thu Feb 19 21:43:25 UTC 2004

On 02/17/04:07/2, Russell Nelson wrote:
> This must surely be the shortest open source license ever!  Still, we
> should send it back to the author because he uses the hated word
> "utilize".  Don't use utilize!  Utilize "use" instead.  Means the same
> thing and avoids a phony formality.
>
> Title: Fair License
> Submission:
>   Original: http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:msp:7623:hhkgifnkgiiejnigaakm
>   Revised: http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:7623:200401:hhkgifnkgiiejnigaakm
> Comments: none
> Recommend: remanding.

Thanks for the report and the information about "utilization". I've sent
the remanded version to license-approval, and I've included it in this
message as well.

---LICENSE---
Usage of the works is permitted provided that this
instrument is retained with the works, so that any entity
that uses the works is notified of this instrument.

DISCLAIMER: THE WORKS ARE WITHOUT WARRANTY.

[2004, Fair License; rhid.com/fair]
---LICENSE---

Regards,
        James William Pye