Open Test License v1.1 rejection

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Feb 18 22:09:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 jcowan at reutershealth.com wrote:

> Alex Rousskov scripsit:
>
> > Assuming I did not, let me replace "derived products" with "derived
> > works" since "product" is difficult to define. I will also explicitly
> > include "published test results" in the derived works. A published
> > test result is a derived work, right?
>
> No, at least generally not.  When you compile a program with the
> GPL-licensed GCC, the resulting binary is not a derivative work of
> GCC.

Right. Interesting. So one can require modified test cases (source
files) to be renamed before re-distribution, but one cannot require
results based on modified test cases to be renamed before publication.
So one can rename the test case but leave the old name in results and
still be compliant with the license.

Are there any examples were licenses claim "program results" of some
kind to be derivative work?

Thanks,

Alex.