Open Test License v1.1 rejection

jcowan at reutershealth.com jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Feb 18 21:46:00 UTC 2004

Alex Rousskov scripsit:

> Assuming I did not, let me replace "derived products" with "derived
> works" since "product" is difficult to define. I will also explicitly
> include "published test results" in the derived works. A published
> test result is a derived work, right?

No, at least generally not.  When you compile a program with the GPL-licensed
GCC, the resulting binary is not a derivative work of GCC.  You are still
trying to make a copyright-based license do the work of a trademark, and
it just won't.

--
I marvel at the creature: so secret and         John Cowan
so sly as he is, to come sporting in the pool   jcowan at reutershealth.com
before our very window.  Does he think that     http://www.reutershealth.com
Men sleep without watch all night?  --Faramir   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan