New License

evan at wikitravel.org evan at wikitravel.org
Fri Aug 6 03:13:58 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:31:47PM +0200, David Wallin wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I'm thinking about writing a new kind of license.
> I very much like the GPL license but I want to make
> a more restricted one. Not restricted in the code-part
> but in the part of recognizing and creditize the original
> coder. I have a few more thoughts on it and wanted to
> ask what you might think.

You should probably take a close look at the list of existing licenses
on opensource.org, in particular the Open Software License, the Academic
Free License, and the Attribution Assurance License.

Unless you have a really good reason (and legal counsel), creating a new
license is going to be way more trouble than it's worth.

~ESP