a BSD-like license that isn't template based

Don Jarrell don at digitalthinkinginc.com
Fri Mar 7 22:13:22 UTC 2003

Regarding 'open' (no pun intended) question to RMS about compatibility of
AFL to GPL -

I visited with Richard last evening; he's in Austin for SXSW Interactive.
I conveyed this question to him.  Any of you who have carried on a
conversation
with Richard can understand the constrained, highly-qualified nature of both
his acceptance of the question and his answer. AND, I certainly am not
speaking
here for him.

Things I heard Richard say:
- He is not going to read postings to this list, even when addressed (in
some sense)
  to him, because he does not recognize "Open Source" as discussed around
here.
- People who expect and deserve an answer from him, on a subject he would
speak on,
  should contact him via fsf.org
- He does not consider the AFL to be compatible with the GPL for several
reasons,
  including the trademark exemption issue.

Just thought I'd share ...

Cheers.     dj

Don B Jarrell           don at digitalthinkinginc.com
                        512 266 7126   home-office
Digital Thinking Inc.   972 467 6793          cell